Resolution of IDA AGBM 2019, Ahmedabad
Date – 20th December 2019
Eligibility criteria for IDA Life Membership with effect from1st January 2019
- Graduate Degree (minimum 3 years) in Foods, Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- Graduate Degree (minimum 3 years in Foods, Nutrition and/or Dietetics AND Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics OR Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition OR Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Science/ Nutrition OR Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition OR Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Nutrition
- Graduate Degree (minimum 3 years in Foods, Nutrition and/or Home Science and or Dietetics AND Masters in Dietetics OR Masters in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition OR Masters in Sports Science/ Nutrition OR Masters in Clinical Nutrition OR Masters in Public Health Nutrition
- Graduate in Life Science/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/Botany/Zoology/Physiology/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Food Technology AND Full time Masters in Dietetics OR Masters in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition OR Masters in Sports Science/ Nutrition OR Master’s in Clinical Nutrition OR Master’s in public health nutrition
The life membership is open to anyone who is a graduate or post-graduate Master’s degree in foods, nutrition and dietetics from a full time UGC recognized university
Eligibility For Associate Membership approved by AGBM effective from 1st January 2019
- Eligibility Criteria for IDA Associate Membership
- An Associate Member is the one who does not qualify to be a Life Member But is from Allied Health Professionals which includes DENTISTS, DIAGNOSTIC AND MEDICAL SONOGRAPHERS, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS, PHYSICAL THERAPISTS, SPEECH THERAPISTS, ALLOPATHIC DOCTORS, HOMEOPATHIC DOCTORS, AYURVEDIC DOCTORS, NURSES AND PSYCHOLOGISTS AND ACADEMICIANS
- No Certificates will be given to Associate Members
- The associate membership comes without any voting rights and does not make the member eligible for any positions in the Executive Committees either at the National level or at the Chapter level.
- The OCI applicants can also apply for Associate Membership.
- The Membership charges will be INR 50,000/- for 3 years only after which it needs to be reviewed and then renewed.
Code of Conduct – points on sexual harassment – will be added to the existing Code of Conduct document. A Five-member internal enquiry committee will be formed for an enquiry if such a situation arises. This committee will be identified by the National President at that point of time as per the government of India norms (sexual harassment at workplace 2013)
Resolution Agenda Item No 3 a:
- Nomenclature change of Ludhiana chapter to Punjab chapter.
- Nomenclature change of Jaipur chapter to Rajasthan chapter
- Nomenclature change of chapter presidents to convener and chapter vice president to co- convener
- Resolution Agenda Item No 3 b:
- The protocol for passing resolutions related to policy decisions should follow as per the constitution. The protocol as per the constitution is appended below:
- “SECTION – IX (FROM CONSTITUTION OF IDA)
- All proposals for amendments to the Constitution and Bye-laws shall be circulated to all the Members of the Association by the NEC at least 2 months before the General Body meeting. Such proposals shall be accepted if 2/3of the members present and voting, vote in favor of the proposals.
- The Amended Constitution and Bye-Laws shall be posted on the official website of the Association or circulated to all the Members of the Association by the NEC within 2 months of the AGM at which the amendments are accepted.”
- It was suggested that amendments made should be mentioned with dates and strike through the amended statements and then uploaded on the website
- RESOLUTION 4
- It was resolved to accept the decision of last AGBM in 2018 to merge IDA Lucknow chapter with IDA Delhi chapter. IDA Delhi chapter was requested to organize programs in Lucknow.
- All accounts of IDA Lucknow Chapter has been closed with immediate effect.
- Henceforth IDA Delhi Chapter will manage the membership and activities of former IDA Lucknow Chapter.
- RESOLUTION 5
- It was resolved that the formation of South Canara Chapter be approved . They should send full details and qualifications of all members and acquire a GST number. They need to also send report of the activities conducted in the past two years to National President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RESOLUTION 6
- It was decided that IDACON will be hosted and organized by the following chapters in the coming years
- IDA Rajasthan Chapter- 2020
- IDA Nagpur Chapter- 2021
- IDA Chhattisgarh Chapter- 2022 (* Subject to approval by NEC)
- RESOLUTION 7
- It was resolved that the formation of Indian Dietetic Association, AP Chapter be approved, and they should be requested to acquire a GST number.
They need to send report of the activities conducted in the past two years to National President at email@example.com.