The Indian Dietetic Association is committed to the traditional Indian philosophy from Atharva Ved of Aham, Annam(We Are What We Eat) and its application in modern age.
Advancing the standards of profession of nutrition and dietetics through research, education and advocacy and contribute to the wellbeing and productivity of the nation.
EXCELLENCE IN DIETETIC PRACTICE; COMMUNITY OUTREACH; TRAINING, EDUCATION AND RESEARCH.
- To work nationally with the government bodies to streamline and standardise the regulation policies of the nutrition and dietetics fraternity.
- To strengthen research temper to generate science and contribute to the evidence based Indian database.
- To create disease specific Indian nutrition guidelines and therapeutic protocols.
- Capacity building with the concept of train the trainer in niche areas of clinical nutrition and dietetics.
- To plan population and group specific robust community outreach program based on Assessment, Analysis and Action (AAA) approach.