MANDATE FOR RD TRAINERS/CHIEF DIETICIANS
Eligibility for Hospitals offering RD internship
- Hospitals should be approved and recognised by RD board.
- Hospital Recognition Form to be duly filled and sent by 31st March through local Chapter President.
- Bed strength of the hospital should be at least 100 or greater.
Eligibility of Dietitians offering RD internship
- Hospital dietitian with minimum two years full time experience post RD with a clinical job profile (not part time).
- OR 10+ years’ experience with a minimum five years in a multispecialty hospital.
- Every eligible RD trainer can take only two candidates for a period of 6 months which amounts to only four candidates every year.
- Dietitians in administration/managerial roles are not eligible as trainers.
- Chapter Presidents to sign and write ‘Approved’ on the form. The final decision of approval rests with the RD Board.
- Change in staff structure of RD trainer dietitians should be informed to the board within 30 days.
- RD trainer leaving the hospital in between internship training should complete the required paper work and documentation of the RD trainee student.
- List of RD interns (Annexure 1) should be handed over to the RD Exam applicant for uploading along with the application form.
- Following the competency package is mandatory by all RD trainers.
- Annexures 3 & 4 duly filled and signed should be handed over to the intern for uploading with application form.
- Internship Certificate should be given to the student.
- RD Internship should be done separately and not as a part of any course work.